Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tree Frog treat

7 August 2007

I know that this is supposed to be a birding blog, and that the very astute amongst you will spot immediately that subject of the photos below is not a bird, however, its my blog ad I can post what I like, and do.

I did a little post work wander around one of my often productive little spots, warbler time is now onwards and I have had quite some success on this 300m long unbuilt road which cuts into Saddlebrook Bog. Not many birds around, a few familiar dragonflies though and then a little movement caught my eye, it was a Grey Tree Frog.

I must have visited this spot a couple of hundred times in the past four years and it never fails to amaze me how often it produces something of interest.

The Grey Tree Frog Hyla versicolor is tiny, perhaps just over 2cm long and changes colour to suit its background, that is why this one is not grey. It clambered very sedately around the herbage, only putting on a spurt when I tried to garden for a better shot.

So below the best shots I managed, I really should take the snappy digital with the macro feature next time.








No comments: